July 2021 Special Edition Industry Education Bulletin: Cyber Awareness Training
This Education Bulletin is a “must-read” for those seeking a more
thorough understanding of the real-world impact of cyber-related events
on the Industry as a whole.
This free and informative Bulletin provides in-depth review of events
and issues currently impacting the Title (Settlement) Industry arising from
“single-target” attacks [wire transfer fraud] and the more recent
critical “industry-infrastructure” [ransomware] attack that occurred
on July 16, 2021.
It includes a nine-page historical timeline of regulatory-world and real-world
events to help “connect-the-dots” from Past to Present so readers may “predict”
the Future for themselves and, in so doing, protect and preserve their place
within the Industry.
Knowledge is power – Empower a friend by emailing a link to this page
By accessing this document, you agree to the terms of our
- Author’s Note
- Cloudstar Ransomware Attack
- Back-to-Basics: Industry Liability for Protecting “NPI” and “OPM”
- GLBA and State Privacy Laws
- FBI Internet Fraud – Scams and Safety [Definitions]
- Liability Landmines for Small Business Owners
- The Aftermath of a Ransomware Attack
- Transactional “Parties” and Your Potential Liability
- Data Breaches and Finger-Pointing
- Do “Do” Due Diligence
- Predicting the Future and Focusing on Our Collective Strength
- Regulatory-World Repercussions and Real-World Reverberations
- The “Writing on the Wall” – Grab Your Eraser!
- The Importance of Cyberliability Insurance
- Industry Educational Resources including Data Privacy and Cybersecurity